Pasta with classic Alfredo sauce enhanced with the exciting earthy flavor of mushrooms
Serves 4 to 6
Preparation time: 20 minutes (plus overnight soaking for mushrooms); Cook time: 30 minutes
Available at avantisavoia.com *
Wild Mushroom Medley:
- 1.5 ounces mixed dried wild mushrooms* soaked overnight in 2 cups of water
- 3 Tablespoons S'ciappau Extra Virgin Olive Oil*
- 2 cloves garlic, minced and mashed
- 1 ½ cups of the mushroom soaking water
- ½ cup dry Marsala wine
- ½ teaspoon each Tartuflanghe White Truffle salt* and freshly ground white pepper*
- Chopped Italian parsley for garnish
- One 8.8 ounce package of Morelli Porcini Tagliatelle*
- 2 ounces Sosalt coarse salt* (for cooking the pasta)
- ¼ cup butter, unsalted
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 clove garlic, minced and mashed
- 1 ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Freshly grated nutmeg * (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon each (or to taste) Fleur de Sel Sea Salt* and freshly ground white peppercorns*
- Remove soaked mushrooms and strain and reserve the soaking liquid.
- Heat 3 Tablespoons of olive oil in a sauté pan and add mushrooms and garlic cooking for just a couple of minutes. Add 1 1/2 cups of the reserved soaking liquid, Marsala wine and Truffle salt and freshly ground white peppercorns. Simmer for about 30 minute on low.
- In a big pot bring 1.5 gallons of water to a boil, salt the water (2 ounces of salt for 1.5 gallons of water) add the pasta and bring back to a boil. Lower the flame and cook the pasta until it is "al dente", 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon. Reserve ¼ cup of the pasta cooking water.