Friday, November 30, 2007

Introducing Vito De Carolis


For thirty years I have been a most fortunate man. Both my professional and personal lives have enabled me to travel some 120 countries scattered over 5 continents. In addition to the joys of discovering new and exciting cultures, I have been spellbound by the many cuisines and cooking traditions that I have encountered; traditions and customs which seem to me to be true artistic expressions. An art on the same level as other fine arts such as painting, sculpture, music, and dance.

Indeed, I see the cook’s array of ingredients and implements much like a painter’s palette of colors or like the individual instruments awaiting the symphony conductor. Tools and materials for the sculptor or the combination of sets, costumes, and musical scores in ballet and opera. Throughout my travels I have always searched for authentic regional tastes and dishes. And I have found them; unique and beautiful art created by local cooks and producers the world over. These are often small, family owned companies, producing delightful, high quality food not widely available to a majority of consumers. Avanti Savoia was conceived to make available a selection of these extraordinary products to anyone. We are very excited to offer you culinary treasures and pleasures to excite the five senses while deepening our understanding of the “secrets” of the Art of Cooking and Living.

NOTE: Vito De Carolis is a native of Turin, Italy. "Don" Vito delights in exploring the rich cultural expressions of his own country as well as maintaining a passionate love of fine dining on a global scale.

No comments: